Wednesday 30 March 2011

News from Kathleen Lucido - Janet Middleton Writes:


Many of you will be aware that I was fortunate enough to visit ex-WIC Walker Kathleen in February - and I'm ashamed it's taken me so long to put some pictures of my visit up.

Kathleen was, as you would expect, a fabulous hostess, and introduced me to some lovely local walks in Marin County (where she lives in San Anselmo)including the famous Muir Woods (named for the man who created the American National Parks system). Kathleen really lives in a lovely part of the world, not far from the city but close to the extensive coast, beautiful countryside and Napa Valley.

I had a busy 10 days, as Kathleen also introduced me to the history of California, the City of San Francisco, her kind sister who ferried me into SF the mornings that Kathleen was working, Acme Bread and Peet's Coffee! And one of the highlights of the week was a visit to the exhibition Pulp Fashion: The Paper Art of the Belgian Isabelle de Borchgrave!

Kathleen is currently working for a health care insurance/provider in SF, whilst Tom her husband has just started a job in Chicago. They're going to see how the commuting works!

No comments: